Meigs County Health Department responds to and investigates public health nuisance complaints. A public health nuisance is a condition that threatens potentially threatens the environment and/or the health of a person or community.
The Meigs County Health Department inspects all public swimming pools and spas.
The Meigs County Health Department is required to conduct two inspections per year of all public schools. The inspections cover a general review of the basic health and safety standards for institutions.
• Meigs Elementary, Meigs Middle School, and Meigs High School
• Southern Elementary, Southern Middle School, Southern High School
• Eastern Elementary, Eastern Middle School, Eastern High School
• Carleton School Meigs Industries
• Heart of the Valley Head Start in Bradbury
• Heart of the Valley Head Start in Tuppers Plains