CLEVELAND, Ohio (January 19, 2023) – Up to 172 pints of Mitchell’s Ice Cream that were labelled Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup may contain Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Yogurt instead.
Mitchells’ Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Yogurt contains wheat, which is not an ingredient listed in Mitchells’ Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. If you have purchased a pint of Mitchells’
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream on or after January 6, 2023, through January 17, 2023, from any of the following stores, your pint may contain Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Yogurt,
a flavor that contains a wheat allergen.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream is dark brown in color, the color of chocolate. Peanut Butter Pretzel Yogurt is light brown in color, lighter than the color of peanut butter.
If you have a mislabeled pint, or if you are not sure whether you have a mislabeled pint, please contact Mitchell’s Ice Cream at email@example.com, 216-861-2687 x 117. Please be
assured that this flavor is perfectly safe to consume for those who are not affected by a wheat allergy. We sincerely apologize for this mistake.
Store locations with affected product:
• Mitchell’s Ice Cream shops: Ohio City, Strongsville, Beachwood, Rocky River, Van Aken,
• Heinen’s: Mayfield, Mentor, University Heights, Strongsville, Avon, Bainbridge, Shaker
Heights, Aurora, Willoughby, Middleburg Heights, Chagrin Falls, Twinsburg, Hudson,
Brecksville, Bay Village, Downtown, Pepper Pike.
• Giant Eagle: Avon Lake, Westlake, Rocky River, Tanglewood, Avon Lake.
• Lucky’s Market in Cleveland
• Mustard Seed: Montrose, Highland Square.
• Dave’s Markets: Ohio City, Severance.
• Constantinos Downtown
• Lake Road Market
• Rego’s in Strongsville
• Boardwalk Neighborhood Market
• New Creation Farm